Team Lead & Node.js / React Developer
ManageFlitter – http://ManageFlitter.com – is a multi-award winning SaaS social media management product. ManageFlitter is used by over 3 million people around the world with paid customers from over 100 countries.
Our new product http://ManageSocial.com is well into development (we are very close to private alpha release).
This is a unique opportunity to work on an interesting greenfield project. Initially you will be leading a team of 2 engineers and 1 designer to take this product from alpha to launch and beyond. You will also be working directly with the CEO.
ManageFlitter is headquartered in Sydney with team members in Canada, Brazil, Ukraine & Russia. We are approximately 50% remote based.
We believe Social Media is changing the world and we love being part of the change.
We are looking for someone with outstanding technical experience and a preference for working with a small smart team to work with us on our new ManageSocial product.
Whilst this is a remote role our headquarters are in Sydney Australia - this role requires a daily time crossover of at least 3-4 hours with our Sydney team.
This role is 80% hands coding and 20% mentoring.
- Experience leading technical teams.
- Impeccable English communication skills.
- 5+ years experience building APIs preferably with Node.js, Express.js / Koa.js or similar.
- Strong literacy with ES6 features and stay up to date with standards using babel.
- Experience working with TDD including writing unit, integration & functional tests.
- Experience working with BDD.
- Experience delivering responsive UX/UI.
- Understands Websockets and using Redis pub/sub model for real time communication with clients.
- Previously worked on development of products using a SQL storage backend.
- Experience building SPAs using React.
- Experience working with AWS cloud services including Lambda.
- Experience working with Postgres at scale.
- Has built an application implementing the following:
- Experience working in an agile environment with a working knowledge of scrum and kanban workflows.
- Relevant tertiary education.
- Strong working knowledge of the Twitter and Instagram API.
- Experience working with TypeScript.
- Experience writing technical specifications and documentation.
- Has contributed to open source projects (provide examples if available).
Our company culture is easygoing but hardworking. We believe in work-life balance but we also all enjoy being part of a fast moving focused and productive team.
We are committed to creating a culture where every team member can do their best work.
If the above sounds like a role you may be interested in please apply! We would love to hear from you.